Thursday, July 10, 2014

And IIIIIII want to Thank You!

So, admittedly, the first time I heard this song it was just a hook in Eminem's song 'Stan'. I was so taken with the hook that I was driven to find out what it was. Which is how i found out about Dido. And at the same time, my friend (at the time) Brian was doing the EXACT same thing I was.... he sent me a link to Dido's Video for Thank you, and I was like, "WAIT HOW DID YOU KNOW!?" We compared stories and found out that we both fell into the hook and the song at the exact same time unbeknownst to us. WOW who does that!? Thank You, kinda became our song as we started dating. Now we are married with a kiddo. But everytime we hear this song we stop and look at each other. Just the first few beats always take me back to my desk at Hamilton Beach and playing this song over and over again. And my co-workers saying, "ohh God can you please just STOP!" lol! I wonder if they still hear this song and groan. =).

As I was reading my friend Raz's tribute post to The Outfield yesterday and the song that was his and his wifes, it immediately made me think of this song. So I post it second behind the first song I remember being in my life. =) Thank you!





And honestly, how could I not include the original song with the hook, that I will never forget?! Eminem and 'Stan'



Thats all for now :)

1 comment:

  1. I have a special place in my heart for Eminem and although I did hear the Dido song first, I prefer his song :D Hadn't seen the video though...

    ReplyDelete