Thursday, December 4, 2014

The Game

Todays blog is not just one song but an entire album. Over the years I wore it out over and over and over again. I was introduced to the group Echo and the Bunnymen by a very good friend who to this day I adore with all my heart. We lost touch for a while after high school, but this album always made me feel like she was still close to me. Every single time I listened to it. She posed the question the other day that she wondered if lost friends looked for her the way she did them. My answer was, I always did.

I will never forget the first time I did get to talk to her after we had lost touch. I was working an overnight at Hamilton Beach doing month end and waiting for jobs to run. and I googled her, and came across her information. at the time I was on AOL Instant messenger and I saw that she had a messenger address listed. I pinged her and she was on. Many tears ensued. But it was like we had never lost touch. I would like to think its because that line was never broken between us. It just stretched a little. :)

So todays post is for her. I have no doubt she will see it :).









1 comment: